Houston Food Bank - Mission Day 2019
Mission Day 2019 - A special time of making a difference in the lives of people in need collectively as the body of Christ here in the city of Houston, Texas; by coming together as one body in Christ and volunteering at the Houston Food Bank. A great time of fellowshipping with one another across the city, a time of evangelism by inviting non-members to serve with you and a time of letting our lights shine to glorify God.
Everyone MUST Complete A Food Bank Waiver Form
Waiver Forms will be available @ the Rally - June 30th
Waiver Forms will be available @ the Food Bank
Volunteer Day • Saturday, August 10th • 7:45am
Children as young as age six are welcome for our kid-friendly projects. Volunteers 16 years and younger MUST be accompanied by an adult parent/guardian while performing community service hours here at The Houston Food Bank.
Closed toe shoes and sleeved shirts are required.
• No Back Packs
• No Purses
• No Fanny Packs
• Snacks will be served
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I park?
– If space permits, you may park in the front.
– You may be directed to our overflow lot located behind the building.
***More information will be forth coming on parking***
How do I sign in?
– BEFORE you arrive, locate your QR code (square barcode) in your confirmation email.
– No QR code? You can sign the waiver sheet upon arrival at our Welcome Desk.
– You DO NOT need to scan your QR code AND sign the waiver sheet.
– There is NO need to SIGN OUT.
Where do I go after I sign in?
– Please obtain a volunteer sticker and sit in the Houston Texans Cafe.
Where can I put my personal belongings?
– The Houston Food Bank has lockers along our orange wall.
– Instructions for locking and unlocking are located above the lockers.
– If you forget your locker/code number, please visit our Welcome Desk.
Where can I eat?
– You may eat any snacks or lunches in the Houston Texans Cafe area.
– Healthy snacks and meals can be purchased at the Houston Texans Cafe.
Can I take pictures?
– We recommend taking your large group photos either right before or at the conclusion of your visit.